“Dexpot” will increase the area of your screen by up to 20 times. It creates and manages virtual desktops and enables you to work far more efficiently and comfortably with many simultaneously opened Windows.
Every virtual Desktop is independent from the others and can have individual wallpaper, resolution, and icons. Desktops can be switched via hotkey, trayicon, the special Desktop Manager or an automatic slideshow.
Dexpot allows you to move and copy windows among the desktops at any time with an easy to use unified interface, that also offers control over numerous extended features like password protection, transparency, window rules, and profiles.
- More features than any other VD manager, guaranteed.
- Looks up to date, tidy and simply beautiful.
- Easy to use, fast to configure.
- Can be expanded with plugins.
- Stunning 3D transition effects (DirectX 9 required).<
- Supports stylish wallpaper clocks (*.wcz).
What’s New in the last version 126.96.36.1991:
- Korean translation update
- ‘Always on top’ option in Desktop Manager
- Restore default icon positions when exiting Dexpot
- Mouse wheel support for task and desktop switcher
- Custom action to perform when Ctrl-clicking a Dexpot tray icon
- New hotkeys to move or copy a window to the next/previous desktops
- Support for wallpapers in PNG format
- SevenDex can launch Dexpot when pinned to the taskbar
- Fixed several problems with desktop icon customization
- Couldn’t disable ‘Start with Windows’ when running as admin
- ‘Hide splash screen’ option didn’t work in some situations
- Fixed empty drop-down boxes in the rule assistant
- Desktop Preview: fixed ‘Auto-hide’ crashes
- Dexpot updater is once again able to shut down Dexpot
- Fixed display of hotkey descriptions in the settings
- Fixed taborder in the password entry screen
- Respect password protection in Desktop Preview and in the task and desktop switchers
- ‘Auto-hide’ option of Desktop Preview follows Fitts’ Law
- Compatible with ‘Taskbar Eliminator’ and ‘Start Killer’
- Fixed system menu integration for Google Chrome, Office 2010, and others
- Don’t show SevenDex in Alt+Tab
- Fixed various bugs related to customization of the display resolution
- Screenshots were cut off in some components when vertical resolution was too high
- Preserve Aero preview thumbnails of minimized windows
- Limited taskbar re-ordering for Windows 7
- Fixed the missing desktop bug (no icons, no menu)
OS: Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7
License: Free for non-commercial use.
Download page: http://dexpot.de/index.php?id=download
Last version (version 188.8.131.521) : http://dexpot.de/download/dexpot_151_r1101.exe