Outlook 2007 missing “Backup” in File Menu
The “Backup …” tool doesn’t exist inside the File menu on Microsoft Outlook 2007.
It is really comfortable.
Basically you must follow these steps:
- Download the add-in pfbackup.exe (requires Windows Genuine), then install as usual
- Open Outlook 2007
- Click on the Tools menu
- Click on Trust Center
- Choose the Add-ins menu on the left. At the bottom there is a nice combo where you should see the default COM Add-ins.
- Click Go
- On the dialog COM Add-ins, click Add and navigate to the folder “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12\Addins“, and then select the file and Outbak.dll
- Click on OK.
- Moving back to the previous dialog box you should see the Outlook Backup Addin already selected.
- If not select it. Press OK again to exit.
At this point the backup is available again as it was to default to Outlook 2003.
Categories: Microsoft Office 2007