Duplicate cleaner is a useful program to help you organize the contents of your home hard drive or corporate network.
You’d be surprised just how many redundant or duplicate files you could find forgotten in an obscure documents folder. Duplicate Cleaner will deep scan for all types of files – photos, music, films/video, Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, text files – you name it, if it appears twice on your computer then Duplicate Cleaner will find it. Once these files are found you are provided with helper tools to enable you to select which copies to delete or move.These files can be deleted to the recycle bin, moved into an archive elsewhere, or replaced with hardlinks.
- Find Duplicate Files by content, fast!
- Cleaner hard drives means faster performance
- Fast Scanning and accurate duplicate comparison (Uses the MD5 Hash algorithm)
- Deep scans music – locate duplicate music formats (MP3, iTunes, etc)
- Flexible search parameters
- Intelligent Selection Assistant
- Search home or networked drives
- Search multiple locations
- Export / Import results in CSV format
- View Path,Size and Date of files
- Large, resizable list window
- Image preview window
- Delete duplicate files to the Recycle bin
- Move dupe files to a new location
- Turn duplicate file into hard links (NTFS file systems only)
- Protection for Windows and system files
- Supports multiple languages
- No Spyware, Adware or any other rubbish
Why do you need Free Hide Folder?
Most people have many files or folders on their computer which they do not want to others see or use them. If you are interested in protecting your personal information, Free Hide Folder is just what you are searching for. With Free Hide Folder you will protect your files avoiding them to be being modified, seen or erased by other users.
Platform: Windows 9x/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7
File Size: 875 KB
Using Free Hide Folder
It’s actually very easy to hide a folder with Free Hide Folder. It takes only a few mouse clicks. First, you need to run Free Hide Folder, locate and select the folder you want to hide, and then click Hide Folder button to hide folders.
• Hide your folder completely. Unless you unhide it yourself, nobody can find it.
• Password protection when running program.
• No file system structure modifications needed.
• Any number of folders may be hidden at the same time.
• Easy-to-use user interface.
• 100% Spyware FREE. This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.
Files Terminator Free is an easy to use application that allows users to permanently delete their files and wipe free disk space.
The utility protects the users privacy by permanently delete sensitive documents, images, videos and other files and by overwriting the free disk space.
The software uses several shredding methods (one pass Pseudorandom, British HMG IS5, two pass Russian GOST P50739-95, three pass US DoD 5220.22M, seven pass German VSITR, Canadian RCPM TSSIT OPS-II, Bruce Schneier and the 35-pass Peter Gutmann) and supports drag and drop for easier use.
During file shredding the content of the selected files are overwritten several times with random data and predefined characters and cannot be recovered any more.
Finally, Files Terminator Free is a quick and easy to use application with a user-friendly interface that helps users permanently delete sensitive documents and swap free disk space.
OS: Windows XP (95/98/2000/ME/Vista/7)
Size: 1,80 Mb
Authors: Marcello Pietrelli & Gianni Baini
We are pleased to release System Folders Customizer, a free tool that lets you add Internet Explorer, important System folders, Control Panel applets to your Computer folder, Libraries and Desktop.
Many a times we need to access these folders and we have to click a couple of times to reach them. This tool will let you access them in a click, since they are placed in regularly accessed places like Computer folder, Libraries, etc.
To add the desired shortcuts, simple check the selected boxes and click on Save Changes. To undo the changes, un-check the boxes and click Reset Changes. You may have to restart explorer.exe to see the changes on the desktop.
While our Windows Access Panel let you access these controls or the in-built Windows programs from a single interface and while our Handy Shortcuts lets you add such shortcuts to the desktop, System Folders Customizer goes a step further by placing their shortcuts in Libraries etc.
Microsoft has released Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2010 and it is now available for download for 32-bit as well as 64-bit installations.
Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 contains several new features. There are things that you couldn’t before, or things that are just better than they were with the original release.
It provides the latest updates for Office 2010. This service pack includes two main categories of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and in security.
- All the public updates that were released through June 2011, and all the cumulative updates that were released through April 2011.
Currently Service Pack 1 is being offered as a manual download from the Download Center and from Microsoft Update, and no sooner than 90 days after release, will be made available as an Automatic Update.
Linux creator, Linus Torvalds has released the 3.0.0-RC1 version of Linux kernel to mark the 20 years of Tux powered computing. Linus first released the 2.0 version of the Kernel about 15 years ago. The new release is surely going to make all Linux hackers and UNIX enthusiasts happy.
The 3.0 version adds support to Microsoft Kinnect – the gaming platform. Linus mentions in this email that the new Kernel code has been optimized for AMD Fusion and Intel Ivy & Sandy Bridge silicon. As expected, it also offers updated graphics drivers and some support for new hardware. The new Kernel is still in evolutionary stage and the new version was introduce to mark the beginning of the third decade. The OS has not been overhauled yet. There is lot of work that needs to be done and the RC needs some more refinement before its gold release.
You may read Linus Torvald’s mail to the newsgroup here.
Visit the Kernel archive.
Of the Childsplay/CognitionPlay/Schoolsplay family of programs, Childsplay is the one oriented at home users but can also be used in kindergarten schools. Python and PyGame based, it provides a framework for activities that are more ‘game’ like: they can have animation and move. Childsplay has all the activities found in the old childsplay, version < 0.90.
Childsplay provides several features for users and developers of activities:
- memory activities that are fun to play and at the same time learn sounds, images, letters and numbers.
- activities that train the child to use the mouse and keyboard.
- pure game activities like puzzles, pong, pacman and billiards.
- multilingual support, even right to left languages (via Pango).
- solid data logging to monitor the children’s progress; locally (SQLite) or over network (MySQL or any other db supported bySQLAlchemy).
- set of OpenOffice reports to print this data (still in development state).
- object oriented framework for easy activity development in Python/PyGame.
- good support by the developers and translatorsOf the Childsplay/CognitionPlay/Schoolsplay family of programs, Childsplay is the one oriented at home users but can also be used in kindergarten schools.
Python and PyGame based, it provides a framework for activities that are more ‘game’ like: they can have animation and move.
Childsplay has all the activities found in the old childsplay, version < 0.90.